Home / Featured / BBB: Kingston mayor, wife escape burning home

BBB: Kingston mayor, wife escape burning home

The Kingston Fire Department was called to the home of Mayor Tim Neal Saturday afternoon after a fire broke out at his house.

The call came in at around 5 pm Saturday, and when firefighters arrived at the Kelsey Drive home, they reported seeing smoke coming from the front portion of the house. The fire was extinguished, but still caused major damage to the living room and smoke damage to the rest of the house.

Our partners at BBB-TV report that Kingston fire officials say the blaze was caused by a lit cigarette that caught a recliner on fire. Mayor Neal’s wife Laura had to jump out a window to escape the fire and was flown to UT Medical Center for treatment of a laceration to her forearm caused when she broke out the glass to free herself. That laceration reportedly severed an artery, but BBB reports that Ms. Neal was treated at the hospital and released.

About Jim Harris

Jim Harris has been WYSH's News & Sports Director since 2000. In addition to reporting local news, he is the play-by-play voice for Clinton High School football, boys' and girls' basketball and baseball. Catch Jim live weekdays beginning at 6:20 am for live local news, sports, weather and traffic plus the Community Bulletin Board, shenanigans with Ron Meredith and more on the Country Club Morning Show on WYSH & WQLA. Jim lives in Clinton with his wife Kelly and daughter Carolina, his mother-in-law and cats Lucius and Oliver.

Check Also

OR welcomes two new AmeriCorps team members

(Oak Ridge press release) The City of Oak Ridge Stormwater Management Program, in partnership with …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *