Free tax return preparation is once again available at the Rocky Top Public Library through the IRS’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance–or VITA–program.
Trained volunteers can help you with special credits, such as earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), Child Tax Credit, and credits for the elderly, which you may qualify for. In addition to FREE tax return preparation assistance, the Rocky Top Public Library site also offers free electronic filing (e-filing).
Here is a list of the items you will need to bring to the VITA Site in Rocky Top to have your tax returns prepared
- Proof of identification
- Health Insurance information
- Social Security Cards for you, Your spouse and dependents and/or a Social Security Number
- Verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Current year’s tax package if you received one
- Wage and earning statements Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements form banks (Forms 1099)
- A copy of last year’s Federal and State return if available
- Bank Routing numbers for Direct Deposit
- Total paid for day care provider and the day care provider’s tax identifying number (the provider’s Social Security number or the provider’s business employer identification number)
- To file taxes electronically on married filling joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
- It is extremely important that each person use the correct Social Security Number (SSN). The Most accurate information is usually located on your original Social Security card.
The site will remain open through Tax Day, April 15, 2018.
You may schedule appointments by calling the library at 865-426-6762.