Home / Local News / Pork smoker believed to be cause of Easter fire

Pork smoker believed to be cause of Easter fire

One woman’s Easter dinner preparations were derailed on Sunday morning when a fire believed to have been caused by her smoker broke out.

Ruth McKinney called 911 shortly after 5:30 am Sunday to report a fire at her home on East Wolf Valley Road. Fire crews responded and extinguished the blaze. No injuries were reported.

McKinney told an Anderson County Sheriff’s deputy that she had been smoking a pork butt for Easter Dinner and had been upstairs when she heard her fire alarm go off. She went downstairs to investigate and told deputies she could see flames coming from the rear of the house. When she ran out the front door and around back to get a better look, she reported that her back porch and the backside of her home were on fire.

The fire is believed to have started near the smoker.

About Jim Harris

Jim Harris has been WYSH's News & Sports Director since 2000. In addition to reporting local news, he is the play-by-play voice for Clinton High School football, boys' and girls' basketball and baseball. Catch Jim live weekdays beginning at 6:20 am for live local news, sports, weather and traffic plus the Community Bulletin Board, shenanigans with Ron Meredith and more on the Country Club Morning Show on WYSH & WQLA. Jim lives in Clinton with his wife Kelly and daughter Carolina, his mother-in-law and cats Lucius and Oliver.

Check Also

TDOT halting lane closures over weekend

(TDOT) Motorists won’t be delayed by road construction as they travel Tennessee’s highways this Memorial …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *