Listen up, parents, because it’s already time to start thinking about the next school year.
In an annual rite of spring, the Anderson County School System’s Annual Early Kindergarten Registration or Kindergarten/Preschool Round-Up begins next week for children who will be entering school for the first time this fall.
Kindergartners must be age 5 on or before August 15th, 2017 and preschoolers must be 3 or 4 years old by that same date.
Each of the county’s nine elementary schools will hold individual round-up events over the next two weeks and parents and guardians will need to go to the Round-Up at the school their child is zoned to attend in the fall. If, for any reason, you cannot attend the Round-Up at your school on that specific date, there is no need to worry because you can go to your child’s school and complete the registration process weekdays between 8:30 am and 2:30 pm. If you are unsure which school your child will be attending, call the system’s Transportation Department at 865-457-7789 with your address and they can tell you which school that is.
Here is the Round-Up schedule:
- Monday April 3 at Briceville Elementary School
- Tuesday April 4 at Lake City Elementary School
- Wednesday April 5 at Dutch Valley Elementary School
- Thursday April 6 at Norris Elementary School
- Friday April 7 at Andersonville Elementary School
- Monday April 10 at Fairview Elementary School
- Tuesday April 11 at Claxton Elementary School
- Wednesday April 12 at Grand Oaks Elementary School
- Thursday April 13 at Norwood Elementary School
Each of those Round-Ups will be run from 8:30 to 10:30 am.
Parents and guardians will need to bring the following documents to complete the registration process:
- Proof of age in the form of a state-issued birth certificate or mother’s copy.
- Your child’s Social Security card
- Proof of a physical exam done on or after January 1st, 2017 and your child’s immunization record on a state-issued form you can pick up at the Health Department or your doctor’s office.
- Proof of residence (driver’s license sufficient, but will also accept mail addressed to you with your correct address, a copy of your lease with a current date, a utility service hook-up card, and others.)
- Any legal documentation, such as custody papers
- Your driver’s license or state-issued ID.
While you can register your student anytime this spring, school officials ask that you get your child registered by June 2nd in order for the system to make important arrangements like hiring adequate personnel and ordering sufficient supplies for the correct number of students prior to the first day of school.
For more, call Stephanie Jenkins at 865-463-2800, extension 2823 or visit www.acs.ac.