The Anderson County School system has announced the dates for the annual Early Kindergarten Registration, or “Kindergarten/Preschool Round” for those students who will be entering school for the first time this fall.
Kindergartners must be five years old on or before August 15th of this year while preschoolers must be three or four years old by August 15th.
When you come in to register your student, you will need to provide the following information:
- Proof of age (state-issued birth certificate or “mother’s copy)
- Your child’s Social Security card
- Proof of a physical exam and immunization record. The exam must have been done on or after January 1st, 2017 and immunization records must be up to date and placed on a state-required form you can obtain at your doctor’s office or the health department.
- Proof of residence
- Any legal documentation such as custody papers.
- And, the parent’s driver’s license or ID.
Each of the county’s nine elementary schools will hold Round-Up events in the first two weeks of April and you are asked to choose the school for which your child is zoned. If you are unsure which school that may be, call the system’s Transportation Department at 865-457-7789 with your current address and they will point you in the right direction. Each on-site Round-Up event will run from 8:30 to 10:30 am. Here is the schedule:
- Monday April 3rd, Briceville
- Tuesday April 4th, Lake City
- Wednesday April 5th, Dutch Valley
- Thursday April 6th, Norris
- Friday April 7th, Andersonville
- Monday April 10th, Fairview
- Tuesday, April 11th, Claxton
- Wednesday April 12th, Grand Oaks
- Thursday April 13th, Norwood
If for any reason you can not attend your Round-Up, you can go the school weekdays from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm and take care of it then. If you need to register a pre-school student after the Round-Up, you will need to stop by the Preschool/Head Start office in Clinton.
For much more, visit www.acs.ac, our website or call 865-463-2800, extension 2823.