Tennessee Fall Homecoming is this weekend at the Museum of Appalachia in Norris.
The historic three-day festival is scheduled from Friday, October 7, to Sunday, October 9. It’s the 37th annual Tennessee Fall Homecoming.
It’s one of the nation’s largest, most authentic music and folk festivals, a press release said. It features more than 70 musicians performing on four outdoor stages.
“Each year, tens of thousands of music fans come to enjoy concerts spanning many genres—including bluegrass, country, gospel, and Americana music,” the press release said.
The music lineup for this year’s event includes:
- 20-year Homecoming veteran, Doyle Lawson and Quicksilver—an IBMA Hall of Fame Member and 2016 Grammy-Nominated artist;
- semi-finalists on Season 10 of NBC’s “America’s Got Talent,” Mountain Faith;
- Steve Martin Prize for Excellence in Bluegrass and Banjo award-winners, Lonesome River Band;
- seven-time IBMA Vocal Group of the Year award-winners, Russell Moore and IIIrd Tyme Out; and
- Grammy-winning singer-songwriter, Larry Cordle.
More than a music festival, guests will enjoy traditional Appalachian dancing, authentic artisans demonstrating and selling their crafts, old-time mountain demonstrations such as sorghum and lye soap making, basket weaving, blacksmithing, sassafras tea making, and much more, the press release said. Visitors can also tour the historic Pioneer Village and taste delicious Southern dishes.
Other notable artists set to perform include The Grascals, Flatt Lonesome, Ralph Stanley II, Junior Sisk and Ramblers Choice, David Holt and Josh Goforth, Kenny and Amanda Smith, The Church Sisters, Dale Ann Bradley, Michael Cleveland and Flamekeeper, Phil Leadbetter, Jeff Brown and Still Lonesome, Leroy Troy, Steve Gulley and New Pinnacle, Flashback, and dozens more.
Single-day and full-festival tickets will be available for purchase during the event at the entrance gate. Parking is free.
Find the Museum of Appalachia on Facebook or visit their website at www.museumofappalachia.org to see the full list of artists, get up-to-date festival information, find answers to frequently asked questions, get directions, and more.