Home / Local News / Fire damages house being remodeled

Fire damages house being remodeled

No one was injured but a house being remodeled in Briceville suffered heavy damage when it caught fire Sunday night. Six members of the same family all made it out of the home on Briceville Highway safely after the fire broke out shortly after 10 pm Sunday. James Clayton said he and others had been upstairs watching TV when his son came upstairs and told them the house was on fire. At around the same time, a passerby knocked on the front door and told the man who answered that there were flames and smoke coming from the roof and the chimney. Clayton said that they had been remodeling the home and had been living there during the project. He added that the structure was not insured. The Sheriff’s Department incident report states that in addition to the Briceville Volunteer Fire Department, crews from the Medford and Andersonville VFDs and from the Rocky Top Fire Department responded to the scene. The report does not include a damage estimate, but again, no injuries were reported.

About Jim Harris

Jim Harris has been WYSH's News & Sports Director since 2000. In addition to reporting local news, he is the play-by-play voice for Clinton High School football, boys' and girls' basketball and baseball. Catch Jim live weekdays beginning at 6:20 am for live local news, sports, weather and traffic plus the Community Bulletin Board, shenanigans with Ron Meredith and more on the Country Club Morning Show on WYSH & WQLA. Jim lives in Clinton with his wife Kelly and daughter Carolina, his mother-in-law and cats Lucius and Oliver.

Check Also

Morgan man injured in SUV crash

According to our partners at BBB-TV, a 20-year-old Morgan County man is recovering from serious …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *